Abū ʿAlī al-Ḥusayn ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn Sīnā (ابو علی الحسین ابن عبدالله ابن سینا); c. 980 Bukhara me, Khorasan – 1037 Hamedan me), jiske Ibn Seena ke naam se bhi jaana jaawe hae and commonly known in English by his Latinized name Avicenna (Greek Aβιτζιανός), was a Persian Muslim polymath and the most important physician and Islamic philosopher of his time. He was also an astronomer, chemist, Hafiz, logician, mathematician, poet, psychologist, scientist, Sheikh, soldier, statesman and theologian.
Ibn Sīnā wrote almost 450 treatises on a wide range of subjects, of which around 240 have survived. In particular, 150 of his surviving treatises concentrate on philosophy and 40 of them concentrate on medicine.
- Avicenna, Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Von Dehsen, Christian D.; Scott L. Harris. Philosophers and Religious Leaders. Greenwood Press. pp. p. 19. ISBN 1-5735-6152-5.
-  
- "Extracts from the history of Islamic pharmacy". Pharmacy History. Pharma Corner. Retrieved 2007-11-11.
- Greenhill, William Alexander (1867), "Abitianus", in Smith, William, Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1, p. 3
- "Avicenna", in Encyclopaedia Britannica, Concise Online Version, 2006 (); D. Gutas, "Avicenna", in Encyclopaedia Iranica, Online Version 2006, (LINK); Avicenna in (Encyclopedia of Islam: © 1999 Koninklijke Brill NV, Leiden, The Netherlands)
- Charles F. Horne (1917), ed., The Sacred Books and Early Literature of the East Vol. VI: Medieval Arabia, p. 90-91. Parke, Austin, & Lipscomb, New York. (cf. Ibn Sina (Avicenna) (973-1037): On Medicine, c. 1020 CE, Medieval Sourcebook.)
"Avicenna (973-1037) was a sort of universal genius, known first as a physician. To his works on medicine he afterward added religious tracts, poems, works on philosophy, on logic, as physics, on mathematics, and on astronomy.
- Template:MacTutor Biography
- Avicenna (Abu Ali Sina)
- Avicenna an article by Seyyed Hossein Nasr on Encyclopedia Britannica Online
- Philosophy Bites podcast interview with Peter Adamson on Avicenna.
- Avicenna An article by encyclopedia Iranica
- Biography & Works from Routledge
- Ibn Sina (Islamic Philosophy Online)
- Ibn Sina from the Encyclopedia of Islam
- Avicenna/Ibn Sina at the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Physician's Day in Iran: A Reference Article on Pur Sina (Avicenna) by Manouchehr Saadat Noury
- Biography of Avicenna (in English)
- Biography of Avicenna
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Avicenna