Indian Ocean uu ocean hai jiske north me Asia, east me Australia aur Pacific Ocean, south me Southern Ocean, aur west me Africa aur Atlantic Ocean hai. Iske naam India se aais hai jon ki north me hai aur jiske sab beach Indian Ocean se mile hai. Bay of Bengal, Arabian Sea, Persian Gulf aurRed Sea sab ii ocean ke bhaag hai.
|Dunia ke ocean|
Indian Ocean ke borderBadlo
North ke bagal, Arabian Sea ke south se[Indian 1] and the Lakshadweep Sea,[Indian 2] the Southern limit of the Bay of Bengal,[Indian 3] the Southern limits of the East Indian Archipelago,[Indian 4] and the Southern limit of the Great Australian Bight.[Indian 5]
On the South. The Antarctic Continent.
Note that this definition excludes any marginal waterbodies that are separately defined by the IHO (such as the Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea), though these are usually considered to be part of the Indian Ocean.
In 2000 the IHO redefined the Indian Ocean, moving its southern limit to 60°S, with the waters south of that line identified as the Southern Ocean. This new definition has not yet been ratified (a reservation has been lodged by Australia) though it is in use by the IHO and others. If and when adopted, the 2000 definition will be published in the 4th edition of Limits of Oceans and Seas, restoring the Southern Ocean as originally outlined in the 2nd edition and subsequently omitted from the 3rd edition.
- Iske IHO define kare hae "A line running from the South extremity of Addu Atoll (Maldives), to the Eastern extreme of Ràs Hafun (Africa, 10°26'N)".
- Defined by IHO as "A line running from Dondra Head in Ceylon [Sri Lanka] to the most Southerly point of Addu Atoll".
- Defined by IHO as "Adam's Bridge (between India and Ceylon and from the Southern extreme of Dondra Head (South point of Ceylon) to the North point of Poeloe Bras ( )".
- Defined by IHO as the southern limits of the Java Sea ("the North and West coasts of Java to Java Hoofd ( ) its Western point, and thence a line to Vlakke Hoek ( ) the Southern extreme of Sumatra"), the Bali Sea ("A line from Tanjong Banenan through the Southern points of Balt Template:Sic and Noesa Islands to Tanjong Bt Gendang, the Southwest extreme of Lombok, and its South coast to Tanjong Ringgit the Southeast extreme, thence a line to Tanjong Mangkoen ( ) the Southwest extreme of Soembawa"), the Savu Sea ("By a line from the Southwest point of Timor to the Northeast point of Roti, through this island to its Southwest point, thence a line to Poeloe Dana ( ) and to Tanjong Ngoendjoe, the Southern extreme of Soemba and through this island to Tanjong Karosso, its Western point"), and the western limit of the Timor Sea ("A line from Cape Londonderry to the Southwest point of Roti Island ( )".
- Defined by IHO as "A line joining West Cape Howe ( ) Australia to South West Cape, Tasmania".